查看: 1373|回复: 0

Sept 18, 2011 回到大本营

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-11-28 11:25:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Sept 18, 2011

Back to Base Camp

After breakfast, we took the long detour around the valley to get back base camp in late afternoon. It was an easier and very scenery way, avoiding going down then up the rock slides, albeit very long. Color of grass on the way is more in the orange and red tone, reminds me of fall. Just slightly over a week, the tone of autumn has arrived!

The Swiss and Korean climbing team set up a much smaller but very colorful base camp with a slight distance from us. According to Sherpa, Sherpa for them already fixed ropes for 2 pitches while the two Korean climbers actually are still resting in base camp. It’s said they would climb up and down their fixed rope to acclimatize before they finally reach the summit.

It’s nice to be back at base camp again. Everything inside my tent is still the same. Rearranged my small space to make the next few days here as comfy as possible. Home sweet home.

Dinner tent felt quite roomy after having been hunching under the tarp for meals during the past few days. It’s a nice change to sit on a chair for dinner again!

The first dinner was a big one – pasta, chicken legs (I had three! Since most people does not have a big appetite), potato Tutsi (potato pie), and finished with apple pie!

Today happen to be camp manager Igran’s birthday. While we all stood up to sing birthday song to him and gave him a hug, the ground shook a little bit as everyone else claimed though I actually didn’t feel it. At the same time, we heard a loud sound that sounded like stove firing up. John quickly came to the explanation – it’s earthquake and the avalanche resulted from it. How lucky we are to be at base camp enjoying dinner right now! What would it be like if we were climbing on the snow slope or hiking on the rock pile?

回到大本营

吃过早饭,我们绕着山谷一圈回到大本营。不过才过了一周多,发现一路上的花草已变成了红色或橘黄的色调。秋天来啦!

瑞士队和韩国队的大本营规模比我们小点,离我们也有相当的距离。据说,当他们还在大本营休息的时候,他们的协作已经把他们设好了几个绳段的固定绳索了。他们将借助这些固定绳索攀登。

回到大本营好亲切!我的小家里一切如旧。重新布置一下,要让下面几天的日子过得舒舒服服的。

吃饭的大帐显得好大呀!过去几天在山上我们都是躲在一块防风布下席地围坐一圈,现在我们可以围着桌子、坐在椅子上了!

今天的接风晚餐好丰盛呀!面条,鸡腿(我吃了三条鸡腿!),土豆饼,还有甜点苹果派!

今天还正巧是大厨的生日。正当我们都站起来给他唱生日歌的时候,大地突然开始摇晃。接着我们听到外面有巨大的声响。大家都跑出去看。原来是地震了!以及地震引起的雪崩。好幸运呀!不敢想象,如果这发生在一天或两天前,当我们正在雪坡上或乱石堆上,后果会是如何?

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 返回顶部 返回列表